- Featured Speaker. The Frugal Frigate, Children’s Bookstore. Annual Fundraiser, Redlands, California. May, 1993.
- Featured Speaker. Ohio State University Children’s Literature Conference, “Books for Children with Special Needs.” January, 1994.
- Featured Speaker. American Library Association Conference, New York City, 1996.
- Featured Speaker. Ohio Conference of Teachers of English Language Arts Conference, October, 1996.
- Featured Speaker. New York Public Library, Book Talks, October, 1997.
- Featured Speaker. Ohio State UniversFity Children’s Book Conference, “Readin’, Writin’, and Racism: One Writer Looks at Writing about Race,” Columbus, Ohio, January, 1998.
- Featured Speaker. Montgomery County Education Council Spring Event, Dayton OH, April, 1998.
- Featured Speaker and Workshop Leader. Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators Workshop, October, 1999.
- Featured Speaker. Dayton Peace Accords Ceremony, Young Adults from Sarajevo, November 1999.
- Featured Speaker. National Conference of Teachers of English (NCTE), New York, March, 2000.
- Workshop Leader. Columbus Writers’ Workshop. “Writing for Children and Young Adults.” Columbus, OH, October, 2002.
- Workshop Leader. “LitFest: Creative Arts Festival,” University of Dayton, Dayton, OH, April 2002.
- Featured Speaker and Judge. “Generation Next Teen Fiction Contest.” Cuyahoga County Community Library System, Cleveland, Ohio, April, 2003.
- Judge. “Martin Luther King Day Essay Contest.” City of Dayton and Kettering Regional Partnership. January, 2004.
- Featured Speaker, Stivers School for the Arts. Dayton, OH, March, 2004.
- Presenter and Workshop Leader. Sinclair Community College Writers’ Workshop, April, 2004.
- Visiting Author and Author Day Presenter, Bowling Green School District. Bowling Green, OH, November 2007.
- Visiting Author and Book Day Presenter. Tuscarawas School District Gifted Program. New Philadelphia, OH, May 2008.
- Presenter, “Successful Writing Strategies for Children and Young Adults,” Dayton and Montgomery County Public Library, October, 2012.
- Featured Panelist, “Writing for Young Adults,” Wright State University, March, 2013.
- Presenter, Children's Literature Class, Wright State University, July, 2013.
- Read-to-Write Discussion Group, August, 2013.
- Faculty Member and Workshop Leader. Antioch Writers’ Workshop. Yellow Springs, Ohio, 1997, 1999, 2012, 2013.
- Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, Sept, 2013
- Mt Vernon Senior High School, Mt. Vernon, IN, November, 2013.
- Faculty Member and Presenter, Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators. Cleveland, OH, Sept. 19-20, 2014.
- Speaker, Antioch University Midwest. "Banned Books, a Writer's Perspective". Oct. 18, 2014.
- January 13, 2015: Engineers Club/Barn Gang: "Banned Books: One Writer's Perspective", Dayton, Ohio
January 20, 2015: TaWaSi Men's Business Group - Ponitz Center, Sinclair Community College, Dayton, Ohio. "Fanny Seward - A Life"
- February 10, 2015: Books & Company at The Greene: 7:00 PM, Dayton, Ohio. "Fanny Seward - A Life"
February 27 - 28, 2015: Ohio Conference of Teachers of English and Language Arts, Worthington, Ohio: "Banned Books: One Writer's Perspective"
March 8, 2015: Women's Rights National Historical Park, Seneca Falls, New York, 2:00 PM. "Fanny Seward - A Life"
March 10, 2015: Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York - "Fanny Seward - A Life"
March 11, 2015: Auburn Public Theatre, Auburn, NY: Presentation, Reception & Book Signing, 6:30 - 9:00PM. " Fanny Seward - A Life"
April 24, 2015: Lincoln House Bookstore, Springfield, IL: Book Signing, Noon - "Fanny Seward - A Life" & "An Affectionate Farewell"
April 24, 2015: Illinois Old State House, Springfield, IL: Presentation & Book Signing, 5:30 PM - "Fanny Seward - A Life" & "An Affectionate Farewell"
April 25, 2015: Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, Springfield, IL: Presentation, 11:00 AM - "An Affectionate Farewell"
Presentation, 1:00 PM - "Fanny Seward - A Life"Book Signing, 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
May 12, 2015: Books & Company at The Greene: 7:00 PM, Dayton, Ohio. Book Signing - "An Affectionate Farewell"